Cisco Netacad ITE v7 – IT Essentials (Version 7.00) – IT Essentials 7.0 Chapter 2 Exam Answers 2022 2023
What is a good safety precaution to take when opening a computer case?
- Place tape over the case edges that are sharp.
- Remove the cover (or door) of the computer case before installing or removing parts.
- Remove the connections to the front panel before extending the case fully open.
- Ensure that any loose clothing such as a tie or shirt stay in constant contact with the case when handling internal components.
What does the “A” in P-A-S-S remind a person to do while using a fire extinguisher?
- Aim the fire extinguisher at the flames.
- Aim the fire extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Activate the fire extinguisher.
- Adjust the pressure.
How is a power supply commonly attached to a tower case?
- restraining strap
- retention bar
A technician is replacing a power supply. Which two factors should the technician consider when obtaining the replacement part? (Choose two.)
- type of case
- input voltage level of 12 or 5 VDC
- number of internal fans
- output voltage
A technician is installing additional memory in a computer. How can the technician guarantee that the memory is correctly aligned?
- The label on the memory module should always face the CPU.
- A notch in the memory module should be aligned with a notch in the memory slot.
- The arrows on the memory module should be aligned with the arrows on the motherboard slot.
- Memory slots are color coded, with one end red and one end blue.
What is used to prevent the motherboard from touching metal portions of the computer case?
- an I/O shield
- thermal compound
- ZIF sockets
Which statement describes the purpose of an I/O connector plate?
- It makes the I/O ports of the motherboard available for connection in a variety of computer cases.
- It plugs into the motherboard and expands the number of available slots for adapter cards.
- It provides multiple connections for SATA hard drives to connect to the motherboard.
- It connects the PCIe adapter slots used for video directly to the CPU for faster processing.
What are three important considerations when installing a CPU on a motherboard? (Choose three.)
- Antistatic precautions are taken.
- The CPU is correctly aligned and placed in the socket.
- The CPU contacts are first cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.
- The CPU heat sink and fan assembly are correctly installed.
- The CMOS EPROM battery is removed prior to installing the CPU.
- Maximum insertion force is applied to the load lever so the CPU is locked in place.
When a new PC is being built, which component has the most influence when selecting the case and power supply?
- video card
- sound card
- RAM module
- hard disk type
Which two factors must be considered when replacing old RAM modules in a PC? (Choose two.)
- The new RAM must be compatible with BIOS or UEFI.
- The new RAM must be compatible with the motherboard.
- The speed of the new RAM must be supported by the chipset.
- The power supply must provide the voltage that is requred by the new RAM.
- The new RAM must match the old RAM in terms of capacity and speed.
Refer to the exhibit. In which section of the motherboard would a memory module be installed?
- section A
- section B
- section C
- section D
Which type of motherboard expansion slot sends data one bit at a time over a serial bus?
Which PC motherboard bus is used to connect the CPU to RAM and other motherboard components?
Where is buffered memory commonly used?
- gaming laptops
- gaming computers
- business PCs
A technician has been asked to upgrade a processor and needs to do some research. The computer is just a couple of years old. What are two types of processor packages that could be used inside the computer? (Choose two.)
A student is looking to add memory in order to speed up a tower computer. Which type of memory module should the student be looking for?
Which type of drive is typically installed in a 5.25 inch (13.34 cm) bay?
- hard drive
- optical drive
- flash drive
A technician has been asked to order a replacement internal SATA HDD. Between which two form factors will the technician have to choose? (Choose two.)
- 2.25 inch (5.72 cm)
- 2.5 inch (6.35 cm)
- 3.5 inch (8.89 cm)
- 5.5 inch (13.97 cm)
- 6.25 inch (15.88 cm)
While shopping for a replacement motherboard, a customer decides to also purchase a new mechanical hard drive and asks the technical salesperson for advice. Which storage interface should the salesperson recommend for the motherboard and new drive?
- RAID 5
Which type of motherboard expansion slot has four types ranging from x1 to x16 with each type having a different length of expansion slot?
A technician is installing a new high-end video adapter card into an expansion slot on a motherboard. What may be needed to operate this video adapter card?
- PCI expansion slot
- PCIe x 8 expansion slot
- Two 8-pin power connectors
- 24-pin ATX power connector
Refer to the exhibit. Which type of expansion slot is shown?
- PCIe x16
Refer to the exhibit. Which device is shown?
- KVM switch
- media reader
- optical drive
- SATA drive
When assembling a PC, how is pin 1 identified on the front panel cables so that it can be aligned properly with pin 1 on the motherboard panel connector?
- by a small arrow or notch
- by a plus sign
- by a P1
- by a red cable.